Tuesday, December 9, 2008

food trip boo.boo's aka what happens when i'm hungry

I am Public Enemy #1 for food stall vendors. I have an involuntary habit of making their lives messier. Literally.

Food Trip Boo.Boo #1
Once, when I was in CDO, I ate at that cute little hotdog stall near the Ketkai Atrium. After I finished drinking my iced tea, I threw my tall, blue plastic Nestea cup in the trash can behind the counter. Only it wasn't a trash can.

How did I know? I took one good look at the face of the lady behind the counter. She wasn't exactly glaring at me, but she didn't look very happy either. In a timid voice, I asked (with matching point.point at the 'trash can'), "Is that a trash can?"

With a little eyebrow wiggle that was remarkably Cherie Gil-ish, she said, "No, that's the ice box." Weh.

Food Trip Boo.Boo #2
Earlier, I had a craving for isaw baboy. I knew Mang Larry's would be crowded, so I headed to the isaw stall near the coop instead. I ordered four isaw baboy, and sat on the bench near the grill eating to my heart's content.

I threw the barbecue sticks in a large sack near the grill, thinking (yes, AGAIN) that it was the trash can. When I stood up to throw the cup with the sauce, the manong who worked the isaw grill stopped me. I wondered. Why?

I took one quick peek at the sack. It was full of charcoal. Weh.

I guess it's not such a bad thing that I'm missing The Cousin's UP Food Trip this Sunday. Still a downright shame though.

No comments: