Monday, October 1, 2007

when there's a line, prepare to fall

The UP is famous for its ultra-lengthy pilas. In fact, some of the more money-minded upperclassmen have banked on this piece of info to sell shirts to us freshmen with slogans like 'Pagod sa Pila?' and similar quotations.* Flashback to the first week: I was shocked to find a super super super long line of students waiting for their turn at the enrollment counter. The line started on the first floor of the AS, and the tip of this extremely agitated snakelike-crowd was on the third floor. I am not making this up.

Although my day-to-day activities as a freshie do not compel me to engage myself in such tiring activities, I've gotten used to 'falling in line'. Once, I finished reading three essays for Eng11 while waiting for my turn at a Landbank ATM. In another instance, while waiting for a jeep to SM North, I finished checking my email through my mobile phone. And any surfer-via-mobile would know how slow the connection is, right?

Don't mind me. Just frustrated that I've been sitting here for almost tree hours, trying to pre-enlist for my would-be subjects next sem. I might even have to skip Math because the server's taking so long. I can't leave because if I do, by the time I come back, there won't be any slots left for me to squeeze through. :(

Aaah. Bliss.

I think I'll do my HEX homework while waiting.


Toodles! Poof...




*I think the most imaginative shirt-makers in campus are the people from Eng'g. Their college shirts scream stuff like 'So what kung UNO ka? Eng'g ka ba?!' and 'Your Dream, My Reality'.

3 comments:

Pinoy Wit said...

oh i forgot you came from khs where there are no lines because everyone is so damn accomodating and would go out of their way just to get you enrolled. well, for the rest of us here, lines have always been a reality. hehehe. you're finally living out in the real world.

by the way, just curious, your mum and dad now actually allow you to do stuff and go places without a nanny?

and i checked aimee's blog. her blog about how to drive yourself crazy in less than 14 years has one entry that says "meet sister ann" wahahaha. that made me laugh like crazy!

beaple leone michaelmas said...

Hey! I've never read that one! I miss Aimee's blogs! ;D And I wonder what Sister A would say if she read that. Hehehehe!

And yeah, my parents let me go out now. That's one of the best things about UP; for me, anyway. And it's not as if they'll know if I don't tell them, right?

;D

But seriously, I don't go anywhere dangerous. I just sleep.

Pinoy Wit said...

yeah but be careful still even if you just sleep. kulba kaayo ka uy. mura kag iring nga gibuhian sa dalan.

by the way it's not just aimee. you should hear the senior CO staff complain about A. grabe. i nver heard such violence before. let's hope she never finds our blogs