Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Deadline for Dropping of Subjects

February 4, 2008 – Monday
After having devoured Cheding’s
10:08 pm


Dearest Nonexistent Reader,

Suppose there exists a certain Dr. X, where x = warm smiles that don’t quite reach the eyes and quotes that go, “A professor only remembers the best and the worst in his class; it’s a fact of life.” Suppose that in a certain class of the same professor, there are twenty or more students, most working their way through their final semester, all researching very feverishly tonight in the hopes that what they study now will save them from a failing grade in tomorrow’s exam. Suppose their hopes are in vain and no amount of studying will get them that coveted UNO unless they have the mental capacity to memorize the chemical composition of acid rain. Now suppose I’m in that class.

My hell week has sadly forced its extension. Perhaps this is payback for my not having a hell week during the first half of the AY; maybe my contrapasso for sleeping through all my classes last semester is losing sleep over the mundane thing otherwise known as academic requirements. I want my sleep, and I want it now.

But no, says my conscience, I must stay awake tonight so I can attempt to memorize all the topics rumored to come out in tomorrow’s exam. And guess what? Although all the lessons we’re discussing in class are apocalyptic and morbid, the most horrible thing I’ve heard from it so far is my project partner, the only other freshie in class, threatening to drop the subject if she fails tomorrow’s exam. If she drops it, I’ll be the only first year left!?! Oh goody, I feel like throwing up.

So dearest non-existent reader, do excuse me if I dash off now to my world of PowerPoint presentations filled with the most depressing evidence of the world’s irreversible and upcoming transformation into a) Waterworld, b) a barren wasteland, c) a giant pressure cooker. Do pray I pass this exam.


Toodles! Poof…
sandybeaple


P.S. The basement boys, represented by Kuya Xavier, apologized for apparently making us feel bad about the whole Sports Fest issue. It’s so sweet! Thank you, guys.

No comments: