Monday, March 3, 2008

Pearly Shells

Brought to you in part by a popular, almost-generic brand of toothpaste whose shell-cracking advertisement never fails to amaze me



This may sound slightly nauseating but I can’t think properly if I haven’t brushed my teeth. Seriously. Each time I force my brain to function directly after meals or after a healthy dose of Garlic Bread Pan, I’m consumed by a sudden urge to grab my toothbrush and head to the bathroom. Of course, that’s a good thing; it’s neat to be hygienic (Ha!). I just find it strange that noise and other moving objects don’t distract me from my work, but not being able to brush my teeth does. Hmpf.


Anyway, all this teeth talk roots from our Kas1 class earlier this afternoon. Miss dela Rosa is discussing the Commonwealth now, and in her lesson she mentioned something about Americans thinking the Filipinos in the 30’s were dirty because they didn’t know how to brush their teeth. (I can’t remember well if it was that or if they knew how to but just didn’t like doing it.) According to my professor, along with the infamous “A is for apple, B is for Bollocks” lectures, our ancestors also got sufficient instruction on the proper way of brushing teeth. And yes, this is mentioned in history books. Nyeah.


Well, that’s all for now. Am feeling a wee bit light headed thanks to my less than three hours of sleep earlier this morning. Will dash now. Lots to do.


Toodles! Poof.


No comments: