Thursday, March 27, 2008

hiatus?

Here's the content of an email I'm about to send to my Australian friend Drake Magellan. It's just a simple (but long) letter that pretty much says what I've been feeling these past few days. My last days in Kalai. Sniff.

March 27, 2008
11:44

Drake,

When you changed schools, did you have to leave your old house? I'm thinking it could have been difficult for you to adjust to a new school, but I also think it's just as hard to move into a new neighborhood. I mean, that's just what I think. I've lived in our house since - erm - I was born, so I really don't know the feeling of 'rearranging life'. The closest thing to moving that I've experienced is living in a dorm. I remember mentioning something about me living in a dorm. Well, that's only for one year. And that year's over. It's quite sad.

It was first time to live out of our house. But honestly, I didn't have trouble adjusting to dorm life. I guess I'm just like that. Beginnings excite me. I guess that's also why I've got to keep moving; trying out new things makes me feel alive. Besides, I'm not the 'homesick' type. I rarely miss what I've left behind, although when I do, it really hurts. And although I haven't left it yet, I'm already missing our dorm. We're all freshmen living here, so it's like one big family of teens who have no inkling on how to go about college life. Something like that. Some of my newfound friends have already left. Every time I send someone off ('cause they have to return to their respective provinces) I feel this gaping hole in me. Like I can't breather. I must say, I never felt that when I graduated. When I left high school, I felt relieved. Long story, bah.

But now I feel sad. Really sad. Maybe because I've lived with those guys for one whole year. I saw them in their early morning hideousness, I know their allergies, I know their pains. Or maybe it's because I'm beginning to fully comprehend that in college, change is pronounced. You rarely have the same classmate for more than one semester, you have to keep moving around (especially if you're a dormer). And well, I guess I'm just surprised. I was never the type to go on full emo mode over change. As I've said, I like moving around. So yeah, I'm surprised by what I'm feeling.

Anyway, enough of that. How are things? How're you? How's Melly?

sandybeaple


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alam mo y8ung song ng Eheads na nagiistart sa "minsan sa may Kalayaan tayo'y...." uhmm... yung Kalayaan daw dun eh yung dorm nyo.

Sa ilang ilang tumira ate ko after Kalayaaa, sya yung dahilan kung bakit me bakal na yung mga windows nun. hehe

Anonymous said...

is it like that there? you have to leave your dorm after a year and transfer to a new one? is kalayaan only for freshmen? or did your folks get you a new home there?

beaple leone michaelmas said...

mon: yup, palaging kinakanta sa kalai yun! may pics pa nga ng eheads nung nasa kalai pa cla ~ sa basement yung rooms nila. :D

ms g: yes, sad but true. mary's moving dorms, too. admu's built a new dorm building. lucky atenistas.