Thursday, August 23, 2007

Three Inches and Murder

Office girls are cheaters. They don't actually wear heels on their way to work; they wear slippers. When they get to their office they just hide in a bathroom cubicle and switch their Havas (Havaianas or Havanas, take your pick) for sassy stilettos. And voila, they transform from average commuters to sweat-free desk ladies.

Sigh. No one warned me not to wear those heels on the way to Ortigas.


It started with a reference. I was invited to attend a job orientation for a multinational wellness company so I went to Pasig, my two super supportive friends Trisha and Sunshine in tow. We left the dorm at 1.30 pm and got to Octagon Centre at 2.45. Metro Manila's traffic is not to blame for our 'lateness' because we just got lost and had to walk around the SM Megamall area to 'manually' search for the building. When we actually got there, I was suddenly overwhelmed by the sophistication of the place so I dragged the gang to mini stop, where I got some badly needed sugar comfort in the form of choco Cream-o's. Once I had regained my 'poise' I dragged them back to
the 15th floor. Then I met the person who invited me to attend the orientation in the first place.

And just in case anyone is curious, the one who invited me and the one who recommended me both knew I was - I am - only sixteen years old.

To make the five-hours story short, I was sorely tempted by the 5K to 15K monthly income. For one thing, I am positive I was not recruited for a scam and for another thing, the company only needs 8 to 10 hours of a person's week. However, I am not totally inclined to join because 1) the hiring system is terribly complicated, 2) I'm just a minor, for Pete's sake, and 3) I don't have 12,600.

It's up to you to analyze that but that's the gist of our Ortigas escapade.

Toodles! Poof...
sandybeaple


4 comments:

Pinoy Wit said...

let me guess, you were asked to sell some stuff. very common set up really. you pay a registration fee and they give you a kit with jolly stuff in it.

Pinoy Wit said...

hey sandy, a brilliant idea just popped into my head while i was sitting here and growing cellulite and stretch marks. do you think a lot of alumni and people would check out a blog purely about khs? you know how the school has this age old problem about not having a web site right? what if i made a blog about it? do you think people would read?

beaple leone michaelmas said...

I dunno. The people I know rarely read blogs. When they do they never leave comments so there's no way we'll know they actually read the stuff we yak about. Hmmmm.

Pinoy Wit said...

hahaha. yeah. anyway, my lazy bone has set in again so there's no hope that i can start that khs blog anytime soon. bwahahaha