Tuesday, September 11, 2007

my fave subject has betrayed me

setting: CAL 212, approx 10 am earlier
characters: English 11 (Literature and Society) Class TFU1
genre: tragedy

I irk myself. There we were, discussing stories as usual when Prof asked us a question, and I, as usual, muttered my answer under my breath. Of course, she noticed it and she asked me to repeat it to the class so I did. Darn, turned out my answer was wrong.

Worst part was, my whole body started to freeze and steam was practically gushing out of my ears. I was so numb and so brain dead that I couldn't even pull myself together to tell myself, "Get a grip, you weirdo! Are you this afraid of failure?" And that wasn't the first time it happened, you know? It happens all the bloody time. I just freeze whenever I give a wrong answer and how I hate it!

As always, after that brief flash of paranoia I resolved not to recite. But oh, my overactive tongue did its thing again and I found myself mumbling more incoherent answers to Prof's questions. She asked me to share them to the class, but I, in fear of being self-ridiculed again, found a way to shrug her offer off. I was deeply touched though, when Ed, an upperclassman, sort of nodded at me as his own way of saying "Go on, say it."

Perhaps he noticed how red my face was. Haha! But either way, his simple nod made me feel much much much better. (Read: I do not have a crush on him.)

So there. That brief spasm of absurdity is just about the funniest thing that happened to me today. I attribute it to raging hormones. Harharhar!




Toodles! Poof...
sandybeaple


A link to Araby by James Joyce. Read it. Loads of fun.
http://fiction.eserver.org/short/araby.html



Ooooh!
Went to Puerto Galera last weekend. Was shocked to find there's still muro-ami there. Sea urchins scared me to death even though I wasn't able to see even one. Corals near Medio Island are so pretty - found a purple one. Ocean's 7, finally bonded! Wasn't able to buy any pasalubong because we ran out of time. Harharhar. Will be back someday.

2 comments:

Pinoy Wit said...

oh dear so you're afflicted with the fear of failure syndrome too. tsk tsk. don't worry you'll survive but it's a bad trait....

beaple leone michaelmas said...

thanks :D i needed that :D