Monday, September 17, 2007

Tugged.

Mary Chris is the culprit. She tugged me to write eight things about myself that other people don't know. Seeing that it's only Ma'am G who reads this blog I'm going to find it difficult to come up with stuff she doesn't know. So I'm gonna write about my life as an iska 'cause she doesn't know much about that. Tee hee.

> Most of my allowance goes to street food, net cafe fees and stuff for our dorm corridor since I'm the one in charge of its cleanliness. I've given up my favorite chicken ball and kwek kwek and now I'm trying to look for alternative snacks. (I've discovered that too much Onion and Chives crackers make my tummy rumble.) I cannot, will not but should monitor my net usage so now I'm trying to cut my net hours - and it's a failure, I'm telling you. Oh, and don't tell my mother I'm spending stuff for the dorm 'cause she'll give me a long lecture on the adverse effects of assuming responsibility.

> Four months into the AY and I've already destroyed my printer, my laptop's DVD player, the alarm clock Mary gave me and two pairs of shoes. Not to mention, my flashdisk is full of viruses and I haven't brought the digicam to the repair shop yet.

> I haven't read any 'light, recreational reading' for three weeks and that's sort of depressing.

> I've seen movies 1-10 of Detective Conan (the vids I wanted to download so badly) through YouTube. Of course, I had to watch all those 10 minute cuts per installment but at least I've finished them, noh? Kudos to shinichi726! (only a DC addict will see the pun)

> Vegetables I'm starting to tolerate, Fish I'm beginning to accept. Stuff you have to deal with in dorm life. Especially Kalayaan Residence Hall life where we aren't affected by the Pangasinan fish kill.

> I started being money-conscious (accounting obsessively, saving like mad, checking price tags ala DTI inspector) the first day my parents left me to fend off for myself.

> Classes have suddenly become strangely addictive. I suddenly don't want to miss classes and I've started studyng two hours per each subject. Sometimes, when I drink coffee I can't sleep at all and I go insane (read: I study at dawn and listen to Mellow Touch's 5 am rosary). And this is the last sign of my insanity: I've started studying two weeks before the test. What's happening to me?

>
I don't want to go home yet. Hmmm. Of course, I need some rest and I really should see my family and friends but surprisingly, I like the pace here. I love the way things happen one after another, so fast and simply complex. In a sense, it's like actual living.


I tug Ma'am G! Tell us eight stuff about yourself! :D

2 comments:

Pinoy Wit said...

wahaha. ok so maybe i don't really know those things exactly but to be honest i think i would've guessed you would turn out like that. what would be a surprise would be if you transfomed into cheerleader or a devil worshipper.

as for me, i hate me so i don't know if i like writing eight things about myself but that idea has some potential so i'll think about it. :)

beaple leone michaelmas said...

nooooooooooooh. nuh-uh, no to devil worship. eeeeeeeeeeeew. so not uso!