Wednesday, April 30, 2008

phones and drain bamage

April 29, 2008 ~ Tuesday ~ 7:52 PM
Papa’s 51st


Ophelia,


I feel like such a self-righteous prat. I called home just a few minutes ago, and I got my Manang on the line. And when she picked up, instead of saying pleasant things like, “O Manang, wazzup?” I just said, “Manang is Pa home?”


If I was on the other end of the line, I’d bust a nerve. Or burst. Whichever.


Inyhoo, it turns out my dad wasn’t home. He was working overtime. On his birthday, yes. Now see where the self-righteous pratness comes from? Oops. Must not say non-positive things about Pa. He is my father after all. And he’s just turned 51. Which, I think, is enough reason for him to stop engaging in stressful activities such as working overtime on his birthday.


But moving on, moving on: my day was quite spiffing, thank you very much. My first ball for duckpin this morning actually earned me a strike! It didn’t do me much good though ‘cause I got zero points for the next frame. Still, it’s not so bad, eh? My second strike in two weeks! Perhaps sometime next week I’ll be able to land another one, hehehehe.


Also, I’m quite elated ‘cause we won’t be having Pan Pil 17 tomorrow. Not that I despise the subject, but you know, it is quite depressing to be bogged down by so much paperwork during the summer. What makes it more depressing is the fact that I actually chose to tackle the nemesis called summer classes. I wanted to be frickin’ productive! And look where it’s gotten me. I swear my eye bags have gone darker. But perhaps that’s due to reading too many fanfics. Nyeagh.


I still have to go to the classroom tomorrow though. Sir tasked our class to deconstruct some fairy tales; some groups got the Disney Classics while one got Ang Pagong at ang Matsing. As for our group, we were assigned Peter Pan. I think it’s scowl-worthy that when I went to the library in search of a copy, I found none. What kind of university library doesn’t have Peter Pan on its shelves????


Ours. Apparently.


Have decided to start reading borrowed book due tomorrow,
Beaple Leone Michaelmas


PS I saw one of my former English professors earlier. He was walking out of the building I was making my way to. I’m sure he noticed me, given that I changed my course immediately after I sensed his presence ~ just to avoid seeing him face to face. I don’t think he minds though; I was always under the impression that he thought me quite strange. Well, thank you, Sir; I think you’re quite weird, too. Utterly intelligent, but definitely different. And you’re getting stranger every time I see you. You were actually smiling earlier, Sir! I’ve only seen you smile twice before. Twice!!! Note to self: Must call classmates. Could our ex-prof be in love????


PS Again. A friend from bowling brought her recently released high school yearbook to our class earlier. She’s from an all-girls school so flipping through her yearbook was like looking at the pages of some glossy, girly magazine. Then she started pointing at some faces and saying “This one here’s a lesbian”. I was honestly quite surprised. Not because of how model-ish those girls looked like but because there were so many of them. Hmmm. Another one of those exclusive school rarities, I guess.





No comments: