Tuesday, April 29, 2008

pitfalls of the literary dream

April 26, 2008 ~ Saturday ~ 12:00 PM
Starving

Ophelia,

I still haven’t written the first chapter of my story. The plot and the sequencing are already in my head. My Muses haven’t paid me a visit yet, that’s all. Like Michael Vic, whose arrival I had been anticipating most eagerly. I can’t possibly have menopause at the age of seventeen, right? And I definitely, definitely cannot be pregnant. Haha!

So anyway, I spent my morning playing Pokemon Ruby. My game has progressed quite rapidly these past few days, thanks to the Walkthrough I downloaded online. After an entire morning of pressing Z’s, X’s and the Spacebars, I’m walking on Victory Road. On to the Pokemon League!

Problem is, I’ve realized my pokemon’s levels are way too low to compete. Of course, there’s no level cut-off, but given that I only have two pokemon whose levels are above 40… Well, those who’ve played the game will understand. Consequently, the same people will scoff and wonder how I’ve come so far without leveling up so high. Truth be told, I don’t know either.

Ate Tia and I watched The Other Boleyn Girl last night. It was really fascinating, although a tad too deep for a relaxing Friday Night Movie Marathon. Definitely, definitely difficult to relax while watching Anne Boleyn’s head being sliced off. Oops, spoiler? Although I’m not well acquainted with English History, it seems that the whole movie is factual. So if you’re well-read and adequately educated, you’ll most probably know how the story will turn out.

Kind of like a Walkthrough. You’re watching it, playing it, but you don’t actually feel part of it. Minimal Gaps. Which, according to Pan Pil 17, isn’t very good.

Hoping a lunch tray would drop from the sky,
Beaple Leone Michaelmas

No comments: