Tuesday, April 29, 2008

pitfalls of the literary dream

April 26, 2008 ~ Saturday ~ 11:02 PM
Yet again

Ophelia,

I’ve been typing since twelve noon. Right now, I’ve discovered that writing isn’t easy. At all. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Creative Writing is true to its word. Or the first few pages anyway. Writing can be really exhausting. By Jove, it’s really exhausting.

Okay. My progress for Dercium Crest: The Prologue that I came up with in my head got divided into two parts, for the simple reason that I apparently wrote enough to fill eight pages of words in Verdana, Size 9. Because I’m following Pallas’ (from MNFF) chapter length, I had to cut my write-up in Page 5. That leaves three more pages of what I’ve written so far. And yes, the second part of the prologue isn’t finished yet. But because I’m feeling pumped up right now, perhaps I’ll have it done by tomorrow. Perhaps.

Now I understand why it takes months for my favorite stories to be updated online. Aside from the time allotted for editing and checking for compatibility with the host site’s policies, there is that little detail of the author’s schedule. Just think. It’s summer time here. And it’s Saturday. And I’ve been working my ass off for almost ten hours. And I can only come up with one freakin’ chapter?!

Really, it’s exhausting. Very.

Although I’m pleased to report I’ve actually written a decent first chapter. Rather, a Prologue Part One. A bit incoherent, probably, but that has always been my style. I have this tendency to ramble on and on and on without actually finishing the discussion of a certain topic. Which is a weakness on my part, but a very interesting one, don’t you think?

Pardon me. It’s the exhaustion that’s sucking up my brain cells and blending them to cerebral summer shake. It’s good fertilizer, I’m thinking.

Must I say it again? I’m exhausted.

Planning to read Pallas’ latest fan fic before I turn in,
Beaple Leone Michaelmas

No comments: