Tuesday, April 29, 2008

suprise, surprise

April 28, 2008 ~ Monday ~ 10:53 PM
It’s that time of month


Ophelia,

Am quite pleased to report that I got a perfect ten for our Pan Pil 17 first reflection paper. I’m happy, yes, because I was actually under the impression that my professor would flay me alive for admitting that I once thought of cursing the subject he teaches. Apparently though, my teacher, good man that he is, thought I had presented my ideas quite reasonably, that I had related our lessons to aspects of my life. Insight, it seems, is very important. Even if one’s insights border on blunt.

So. I was walking along the Oval earlier when I came up with the idea of writing a teenage love story. I’ve always wanted to write one, I guess to pacify the homeless romantic kikay in me. Thing is, I did begin writing one, except I stopped. And I can’t remember my original plot anymore so I guess I’ll have to start from scratch.

And I’m actually planning to publish it. And hand it over to my good friend Melli who will be celebrating her eighteenth come July. I’m doing this because I want to give my friends something extra special on their ‘coming of age’ celebrations. Problem is, most of my friends’ eighteenth birthdays have already flitted by. So I’m making up for my lack by ensuring that my other friends who will be turning eighteen after today will get the best of what I can give.

I’m dedicating the book to Melli. I hope she appreciates it. It’s my first book after all. At least, it’s going to be.

Quite tired and sleepy,
Beaple Leone Michaelmas

PS Just finished reading a fascinating HP humor fic. It’s called The Naked Quidditch Match and although I can’t remember the pen name of the author (although she calls herself Anya) the story’s on fanfic.net if anyone wants to check it out. It’s really good. And it’s a light read.

PS Again. Yesterday morning I finished reading A Little More Time by Jess Pallas, from Mugglenet Fan Fiction or MNFF. It’s Remus/Tonks and it’s really well written. As expected from Pallas, of course. D’you know he/she (sorry, not sure as Jess goes both ways and I never bothered to check every detail in the author profile) also wrote Oblivious? That story, by the way, won Best General Fic in the first ever MNFF Quicksilver Quill Awards. So yes, Pallas is v v v good. Knows what he/she’s talking about. Definitely.


No comments: